Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Do-it-yourself Blendsday

I've posted two geektastic image mashups so far in this Blendsday series, and I've got a few more in the can and ready to go.  However, I thought I'd break things up a bit by highlighting a way that you can get into this game too... without having to be, you know, an actual talented artist!

When I was first searching for these juxtapositions, I came across a great artist named RabitTooth who not only created quite a few fun reimagined pieces, but also made a couple of "blank canvases" -- specifically the X-Files "I want to believe" poster (without the UFO) and the Beatles' Abbey Road album cover (without the Beatles) -- all ready for people to insert their own favorite items.  I couldn't resist, of course...

Sideways, and slantways, and longways, and backways...

It may not be the most artful composition, but at least you can't see the string!  :-)

Right now I can't find any other ready-made backgrounds for iconic scenes, but I'm sure they're out there, just waiting for me to think of the right search-phrases!  I'll edit this post if I come across something cool.  In the meantime, I assume you're all familiar with internet memes, as well as a certain 4-year-old poster that you can imitate with your own images and captions?  There may still be some fun to wring out of these things...

4 comments:

  1. Cyg, I love the mock-up! Made me smile big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are the music makers,
    And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
    And sitting by desolate streams;—
    World-losers and world-forsakers,
    On whom the pale moon gleams:
    Yet we are the movers and shakers
    Of the world for ever, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the elevator from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? That flying machine looks familiar but I'm just not certain about it's origin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I just needed to access the imbedded link, very nice.

    ReplyDelete