1. Thank and link back to the person giving you the award. That's an easy one!
2. Share 7 Things About Yourself.
Well, let me think on that a bit. It sounds a little Facebook/LiveJournal meme-ish.... How about for now if I just let you all know that 7 is the total number of offspring, wives, and cats that I cohabitate with? :-)
3. Award 10-15 Blogs Who You Think Deserve This Award.
I'll agree with Mike Monaco here that 10-15 makes this thing ripe for exponential Ponzification. But I do like the idea of letting the community know about cool blogs. Since much of my recent posting has been about RPGs, let me shine some light on some non-RPG blogs:
- Strange fiction author Hal Duncan blogs at Notes from the Geek Show. Hal self-defines as a sodomite and an anarcho-socialist, and blogs about social issues, literary theory, and whatever crazy/awesome ideas he is having at the moment. Always fascinating.
- To balance things out, Lubos Motl blogs from the Czech Republic at The Reference Frame from a more conservative-leaning perspective. Lubos is a theoretical particle physicist and a global warming skeptic -- and he's often quite funny!
- Christopher Knowles blogs at The Secret Sun about "esoteric themes in pop culture and the media." He can jump from the X-Files to Aleister Crowley to Jack Kirby to Erik von Daniken without breaking a sweat.
- Lynne Murphy posts about linguistics at Separated By A Common Language. Usually on tap is witty discussion of the unique differences between American and British English.
- Alex Sumner is an author and ceremonial magician who blogs at Sol Ascendans. Hey, Call of Cthulhu players: if you don't know about the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, get thee to Alex's page to spice up your campaign with some real-life occultism.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.
Umm... let me think on this one, too.
Thanks again, Porky!